What Is The Difference Between Non-woven Fabrics? What Kind Of Fabric Is Non-woven Fabric?
Jul 03, 2021
The exact name of non-woven fabric should be non-woven fabric, or non-woven fabric. Because it is a kind of fabric that does not need to be spun and weaves, it just aligns or randomly arranges the textile short fibers or filaments to form a web structure, and then uses mechanical, thermal bonding or chemical methods to strengthen it.
According to different production processes, non-woven fabrics can be divided into:Spunlace non-1.woven fabric: It sprays high-pressure fine water onto one or more layers of fiber webs to entangle the fibers with each other, so that the fiber webs can be reinforced and have a certain strength.
2. Heat-bonding non-woven fabric: refers to adding fibrous or powdery hot-melt adhesive reinforcement material to the fiber web, and the fiber web is heated, melted and cooled to reinforce into a cloth.
3. Pulp air-laid non-woven fabric: also known as dust-free paper and dry-laid non-woven fabric. It uses air-laid technology to open the wood pulp fiberboard into a single fiber state, and then uses the air-flow method to agglomerate the fibers on the web curtain, and then reinforce the fiber web into a cloth.
4. Wet-laid non-woven fabric: the fiber raw materials placed in the water medium are opened into single fibers, and different fiber raw materials are mixed at the same time to form a fiber suspension slurry, which is transported to the web forming mechanism, and the fibers are in a wet state. Form a net and then reinforce the cloth.
5. Spunbond non-woven fabric: After the polymer has been extruded and stretched to form continuous filaments, the filaments are laid into a web, and the web is bonded by itself, thermally bonded, chemically bonded or mechanically reinforced Method to make the web into a non-woven fabric.
6. Meltblown non-woven fabric: The process: polymer feeding --- melt extrusion --- fiber formation --- fiber cooling --- netting --- reinforcement into cloth.
7. Needle-punched non-woven fabric: It is a kind of dry-laid non-woven fabric. The needle-punched non-woven fabric uses the piercing effect of a needle to reinforce the fluffy web into a cloth.
8. Stitched non-woven fabric: It is a kind of dry-laid non-woven fabric. The stitching method uses the warp-knitted loop structure to align fiber webs, yarn layers, non-woven materials (such as plastic sheets, plastic thin metal foils, etc.) or Their combination is reinforced to make a non-woven fabric.
Non-woven fabrics have many advantages:
Breathability, filtration, heat preservation, water absorption, water resistance, stretchability, not messy, good hand feeling, soft, light, elastic, and recoverable 11) No directionality of fabric 12) High productivity compared with textile fabric , Fast production speed 13) Low price, mass production and so on.
The disadvantages are: 1) Compared with woven fabrics, the strength and durability are poor. 2) Cannot be cleaned like other fabrics. 3) The fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so it is easy to split from the right angle direction and so on. Therefore, recent improvements in production methods are mainly focused on improvements to prevent splitting.
Features: Durability, disposable. Insulating and conductive. Softness and stiffness. Density and expansion.
Isotropic, anisotropic. Filterability, breathable and impermeable. Elasticity and stiffness.
Light, loose and warm. Thin as a cicada's wings, thick as felt. Waterproof and breathable.
Ironing, stitching, and compression molding. Flame retardant and antistatic. Water-permeable, waterproof, abrasion-resistant and flocking.
Wrinkle resistant, good elasticity, high moisture absorption, water repellency.
For different purposes, the texture of the non-woven fabric is different. .