Comparison Of Advantages And Disadvantages Of PET Nonwoven Fabrics
Jun 06, 2020
Comparison of advantages and disadvantages of PET nonwoven fabrics
Advantages of ET spunbond nonwoven fabric:
1. Wide range of product weight. PET spunbond spinning uses positive pressure drafting, the production of non-woven fabric weight range can reach 15 ~ 240g/m2, PET spunbond hot-rolled fabric weight is about 15 ~ 255 g/m2, PET spunbond needle punching The cloth is distributed between 130 and 600 g/m2. The general domestic imitation Leifen 2 type PP spunbond nonwoven fabric production line, due to the use of negative pressure drafting and suction under the condensate curtain with a fan, the production of thick products will lead to insufficient draft of the primary fiber, so it cannot produce 120 Products above g/m2. Now, Leifen models 3 and 4 have added positive pressure drafting devices, and the product weight range will be improved.
2. Flexible production process adjustment. The spinning box of the PET spunbond production line adopts multiple independent metering pumps to measure the melt. Each metering pump supplies the melt to the specified number of spinning components. Therefore, according to the customer's order requirements, the production can be stopped/opened individually Metering pump, and then adjust the baffle of the cycloid to produce semi-finished products with different widths, the width is adjusted between 2.0~3.4m. In addition, when certain position indexes of semi-finished products do not reach the standard, the corresponding spinning components can be adjusted. If the air permeability is not enough, a spinning component with a smaller number of holes in the spinneret can be replaced to increase the air permeability of the fabric. Even the air pressure of individual draft tubes can be adjusted to achieve uniform physical properties across the entire width. PP spunbond method generally adopts the whole spinneret spinning, and the width cannot be adjusted during the production process, resulting in excessive waste and waste. Moreover, the product index produced is uneven, and the method of adjustment is monotonous.
3. The product has strong lateral strength. The PET spunbond method adopts the pendulum wire forming method. The pendulum swings back and forth at a frequency of 750 Hz, and the high-speed drafted fiber is hit laterally on the net curtain. Because the net curtain moves forward, the fibers are diagonally interlaced with each other, so the PET spunbond fabric has strong strength and vertical and horizontal directions. The power ratio can basically reach 1:1. PP spunbond generally adopts Venturi tube clutter, generally the strength is not high, and the strength ratio in the vertical and horizontal directions is large.
4. PET fiber has high temperature resistance and wear resistance, and its mechanical strength is greater than PP fiber.
Disadvantages of PET spunbond nonwoven fabric:
1. High energy consumption. PET slices can only be input into the screw machine after crystallization and drying, while PP slices can be directly fed into the screw machine. If you need to add additives in large quantities, you need a small crystal drying system for additive drying. In addition, the production line of our factory specializing in the production of thin products adopts a double box configuration, that is, two sets of screw extruders, two sets of spinning boxes and two sets of cyclotrons are used to form a net (for better product uniformity), and the production is the same. Heavy products consume more energy than PP spunbond. However, large power consumers still provide compressed gas compressors for positive pressure drafting. Our company uses a total of 15 American Sullair air compressors and one more than 3,000 Kw (specifically forgot), basically 60% of the power consumption in the factory is in these compressors. Due to the large draft air pressure, the amount of suction under the suction increases accordingly. I haven’t looked at it in detail. However, I stood at the outlet of the suction underneath. It felt like a 10-level typhoon was blowing, and everyone was unstable. ,
2. Large waste of raw materials. The scraps cut from the semi-finished products cannot be recycled, and can only be sold as waste products. Our factory spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a granulator to re-granulate the trim and waste cloth. As a result, the molecular weight dropped seriously, and it was blended into new slice production. The spinning was extremely unstable, and it has been abandoned for only a week. . In addition, PET will have a very small amount of volatile decomposition after the spinning component is extruded, polluting the surface of the spinneret board. Generally, we will clean the spinning board surface in 2-3 days (we call it the concentrated shovel board). The concentrated shovel board still continues to wire down. According to the speed of the shovel board, the waste cloth waste silk produced is 200~500 kg, which can only be treated as waste cloth. The PP spunbond edging can be directly melted with a chemical fiber extruder and mixed with the melt of the screw extruder to produce high edging recovery.
3. The quality of cloth must be kept at all times. Pollution and leakage of the spinneret of the spinning assembly will cause dripping and stiffness. Because PET spunbond is open-spinning (ie, the filament is exposed to the air and cooled with a side blower), the change of the ambient air flow will cause drifting and breakage. After passing through the drafting tube, some filaments will be hung on the pendulum and other filaments will be entangled. Knot to form a parallel wire, hard block, etc. on the cloth surface. If it is a group of head wire, the component needs to be replaced.